Now there are two types of WordPress blogs that can be connected to Crowdfire.
- Your Wordpress.com blog
- Your self hosted Wordpress.org blog
The steps to connect these 2 accounts differ slightly.
Connecting your Wordpress.com blog to Crowdfire
Here’s how you can connect your Wordpress.com blog to Crowdfire on desktop:
- Log into Crowdfire
- Click on Accounts on the top bar
- Click on the Etsy tile and then click on Connect your Blog
- If you’re already logged into that specific WordPress blog on wordpress.com, you’ll just need to authorize Crowdfire to use your account. If you’re not logged into any account on wordpress.com, then you’ll need to enter your login credentials.
Here’s how you can connect your Wordpress.com blog to Crowdfire on mobile:
- Launch the Crowdfire app
- Tap on Profile on the bottom bar (Android) / Tap on the Gear-shaped icon the on top right (iOS)
- Click on Add an Account
- Tap on the Etsy tile and then tap on Connect Your Shop
- If you’re already logged into that specific Etsy account on etsy.com, you’ll just need to authorize Crowdfire to use your account. If you’re not logged into any account on etsy.com, then you’ll need to enter your login credentials.
Connecting your self-hosted WordPress blog to Crowdfire
You'll need to have a jetpack installed for your self-hosted WordPress blog to Crowdfire in order to connect it to Crowdfire.
Here's how you can install jetpack for your WordPress blog-
- Add the free Jetpack plugin to your wordpress.org account: https://wordpress.com/jetpack/connect/install
- Once you add the plugin, it'll ask you to connect a wordpress.com account to activate it. You'll need to now create a wordpress.com account (if you already don't have one). You can create one for free.
- Here's a short video by WP Smackdown that shows you how to do so: https://youtu.be/P4OVOjxFVws
- Use your now connected wordpress.com account to link your blog to Crowdfire by following the steps on the top :)