1. What are Instagram's allowed aspect ratio image ranges?
Aspect Ratio Range: Between 4:5 and 1.91:1 and Aspect Ratio Range as numerical values: Between 0.8 and 1.91
2. How are aspect ratios calculated?
You can calculate aspect ratio by dividing the width of your image with the height of your image.
3. What sizes do my images need to be?
Your image does not need to be of any specific pixel size or range as long as the aspect ratio of the image is within the allowed range.
Various image dimensions to understand the allowed aspect ratio.
- Portrait Images [Allowed range is between 0.8 to 0.99]
- 800 x 1000 pixels (aspect ratio 0.8) - Allowed
- 1200 x 1500 pixels (aspect ratio 0.8) - Allowed
- 1500 x 1800 pixels (aspect ratio 0.84) - Allowed
- 1080 x 1620 pixels (aspect ratio 0.67) - Not allowed
- Landspace images [Allowed range it between 1.01 to 1.91]
- 800 x 600 pixels (aspect ratio 1.33) - Allowed
- 1500 x 1200 pixels (aspect ratio 1.25) - Allowed
- 1500 x 1800 pixels (aspect ratio 0.84, since height is more than width, it comes under Portrait images) - Allowed
- 1800 x 900 pixels (aspect ratio 2) - Not Allowed
- Square [Allowed aspect ratio is 1]
- All square images are allowed.